• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Delaware Temporary Tags

bigmackloud

Trying to do my due diligence so that a buddy and I can bring home a couple of trucks from Delaware as safely and legally as we can.

We'll have insurance policies on both of them.

I called the NC DMV and they said any temp tag would have to be issued by the state the vehicle is being purchased in. So I looked up the Delaware DMV.

http://www.dmv.de.gov/services/vehicle_services/titles/ve_title_sold_outstate.shtml

Step 3 mentions "If the Delaware registration has expired, the Division will issue a temporary tag to allow the buyer to drive the vehicle to the state where the vehicle will be titled. The tag is available at any DMV office for a fee of $10.00. The buyer must provide valid proof of insurance, bill of sale or certificate of title, vehicle identification number and vehicle make and year.

All of these items (bill of sale, proof of insurance, make and year, and VIN should be available before picking up the truck right? Is it take easy?

I read that thread about the DOT watching the site and issuing tickets to guys driving trucks off the lot. Seems like this would be so easy to just get a temp tag for $10, right?

We're also having trouble getting up there within the 10 day loadout time period. Is it possible to get an extension? We just need 14 days instead of 10. My buddies wife called this morning but was told the 10 period is enforced. What happens if you don't have the truck out in that time period (assuming you've paid your invoice)? Storage fees or do you lose the truck?

Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks