• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Determining Model Year

yeager1

I'm trying to figure out the model year of my truck. I know this has been covered many times (many, many times!!) but all the searches have links to older forums that no longer work, which seems to be a new, common problem. Anyway, can someone tell me or give me a good link to figure it out? VIN is 0539-3804 Thanks

datsunaholic

I second waiting for CARNAC, though you can narrow it down a bit if you know the manufacturer. Unfortunately that doesn't help if the dataplate doesn't have the MFR. GENERALLY (and this is up to interpretation and not an absolute) if it's an AM General, its 1972 or newer. If it's a Kaiser-Jeep, it's 1971 or older. If it says "General Products Corporation Jeep Division" it's typically 1971-72. Some folks have seen ones that range out of those years, probablly due to trying to use up old dataplates after the company name changed. There are also a few, converted REOs which are pre-1964.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks