• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce and a half transportation

nstorke

Ok hello all Im new to this site and also a proud new owner of a 1971 M35A2. Its a great truck but I'm having one issue, now ik this isn't really related to the deuce as much but i was hoping someone could help out. I cannot figure out how to get it home. See the deuce has bad break lines in the back so driving it home isn't really an option. I am willing to pay to have it trailer home since it can drive on a trailer but can't find a local company to do so. If any one can help or maybe has a trailer I could barrow for a day please let me know. Of course I would pay to let me do so and have a 2011 F450 TD so I can manage the pull. Really looking for some ideas or a contact, i live in rochester NY. Thanks in advance

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where is the truck and how far does it need to be moved?

I'd recommend a 10 ton trailer.

Any local excavation company could move it for you.

I've had them moved on a single axle rollback too.

Tow barring it home is a possibility.

There are some guys in the Rochester area with MVs.

ke5eua

Last edited:

nstorke

Ok so I still am unable to find a company, I've been **** down by 3 local equipment and construction companies. If any one have a local contact that can help me out I would really appreciate it. My number is 585-474-0924 and again I will pay I just need someone to pay!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
maxspeed250 is in Hamlin, send him a PM.

ke5eua

Do you know what brake lines are bad in the back? Is it affecting both axles, or just one.

Reason I ask, is if it affects only one you can plug / clamp off that axle and still have brakes for the other one, including the front. While this is not the most ideal solution, it is what we would call a BDAR fix.

Also keep in mind, doing this you would want to be extra cautious when braking, and with your speed. Your chase vehicle would also need to understand not to follow to close also.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
As long as there is no super steep grades, that's towbar distance. Surely we have a member in that AO.

Yes we do have a member and quit calling me Surely (or Shirley) .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks