• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce coming home.

muddog

Muddog here, waiting on here from GL on my EUCs. One for a M35A2 Cargo W/W and one for a M818 Tractor W/W both hardtops with heat. These will be my first military trucks so I know I've got some homework ahead. The M818 is in Smyrna Tn. and i'm going to have it shipped home, but M35A2 is in Richmond Va. I want to drive the duece home, its about 340 miles but i'm not sure what to check and prep for the drive home. Thought about taking two new batteries but not sure what group to get (2400 series)? Also what oil is best to use. Excited and wife hasnt said anything about divorce yet even with talk about buying another truck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and will post pictures as soon as possible. Thanks again. Keep the Sunny Side Up. Muddog

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a good thread at the top of the Deuce forum as a sticky about picking up a deuce. Lots of good tips and suggestions. Includes a good list of "stuff" to take.

As for batteries. I just get two identical that have about 650 CCA or more. Last ones I bought came from Sam's club. Work like a charm. I will recommend however, that you do your best to get batts with terminals diagonally oposite. IE: positive is top left, negative is bottom right (or vice versa looking down at a rectangular battery). This will make hooking them up a lot easier. Most recent I purchased were on the same side and I've got wires going everywhere it seems to get them to work.

Just my .02.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks