• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce "D" Turbo Piston Destruction

dittle

Just gonna throw up a couple of pictures of a piston from a Deuce. The piston sleeve disentegrated and you can see the resultant damage done to the piston during the drive home. It also destroyed one of the valves.

Attachments

scooter01922

Yikes, lucky that all you got was one valve and the piston,and not sent the whole mess out the side of the block. Have a fun rebuild.

dittle

The truck belongs to a museum where I volunteer. I just posted the pictures to show of the damage. It also shows that a deuce missing an entire piston still is reliable enough to get home, just have some black crap flowing out of the stack when doing it this way.

dittle

It started spitting oil/diesel combination out of the stack but it kept driving (was told this buy the crew that picked it up).

jatonka

Deuce D turbo destruction

I bought a deuce non turbo with a skip in it last year, brought it home, adjusted the valves, still skipped. Did a compression test, number 3 cylinder no compression. Pulled the pan, no sleeve left in number 3. All little pieces in the oil pan. Tore down, installed a used sleeve and piston, put her together, use it all the time now. VERY tough engines.