• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce drop-side bed hinges

Jones

I'm looking at having to make a set of drop-side sides. I'd like some good shots of the half on the bed deck and the half on the drop-side. Also, whatever keeps the tailgate closed as well as the retainers that keep the sides up in place; probably something attached to the head board that swings over and screws down to lock?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Both the bed sides and tailgate have oval slots in them. A "T" bolt goes through and then a nut (looks similar to a wing nut with a wing missing) tightens down on it. If no pics get posted I will get them this weekend. Is this a custom dropside bed, or can you just not find a deuce dropside bed near you?

Boatcarpenter

Dropside pics

Some not so great pics, but here you are.
BC
I know you wanted hinge pics, but thought I would throw in the others while I was at it.

Attachments

Jones

RE: Dropside pics

Whatcha saying? 'Bout time to change my avatar? That big yellow square is the only way I can spot some of the drivel I write; keeps me from answering myself... too often.

Jones

RE: Dropside pics

When I talk to myself, I get shorter answers... and they always agree with me.

You guys are just jealous because the voices talk to me and not to you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks