• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce electric wipers, what they worth?

Blythewoodjoe

I was talking with a dude while I was picking up something from GSA and we where talking about recent purchases. When he found out I bought a deuce with electric wipers he offered me $350.00 for the set up. I am very temped to let him have them. Are they really worth that?

Joe Trapp

Westech

CPL
yeah the kit is worth that.. but I would never pay that much... JC Whitney has motors the bolt in for the deuce and 24V.. there about 40 or 50 each. there single speed but that works for me.

Michael

I took a set off of a truck I sold. It wasn't that hard to do but I also swapped out the hard top with the one on my keeper truck because it was a lot nicer. I think the top has to come off to get to some of the mounting bolts. I didn't reinstall the old wipers and it looked like it might be a bigger job than removing the electric ones was. They removed the air lines and the control valve on my truck. You will need to take that in consideration in you decision to sell.

I will have to say 350 is more than I would give for a take out set. It would be awful tempting for me to sell the one I took out that I haven't put in any thing yet. They are real nice though. :wink:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sell...sell...sell...as quickly as you can. I've never heard of them bringing that much money. I agree, though, they are much, much better than the air wipers.

Crazyguyla

They work so much better than the air wipers. You'll probably regret not having them in the first downpour. The offer is a good one too.

Blythewoodjoe

Well I smoked over the truck and all the air stuff has been removed and I don't feel like repiping all that. If I was going to keep this truck, I would want them. I don't think the windshields will fold all the way out with these. I will take a closer picture tomorrow for the curios folks out there.

Attachments

Crazyguyla

Well I smoked over the truck and all the air stuff has been removed and I don't feel like repiping all that. If I was going to keep this truck, I would want them. I don't think the windshields will fold all the way out with these. I will take a closer picture tomorrow for the curios folks out there.
If the wipers were installed right, you should be able to still fold the windows out. The trunnions at each end of the linkage should rotate enough to open the windows. I had posted the instillation and technical drawings for the electric wipers in the deuce forum

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The complete sets i've seen have gone for 225-300 dollars. 350 is high i'd sell in a second.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks