• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce finally back!

toddm

After a long winter, I finally picked up my Deuce from storage. I haven't seen it since early November, did a pre trip check on it and everything checked out fine. Somehow I was worried that something would be wrong, but I drove about twenty miles home with it and no problems. I am installing siding on my house and needed to get it home from Menards, so my wife and I took a ride to pick up the siding. I have never seen a look like the kid at the gate gave us, it was priceless. As we were leaving I asked him if he had ever seen a truck like mine at the store before and he couldn't recall a time ever. My wife followed me home from the storage barn and said almost everyone that went past us took a double take. I love driving it! My son and I plan to take the Deuce to Iola this summer, even if diesel is really expensive, I don't care. I really don't drive it any distance usually anyway. Thanks Todd Martin

Attachments

beaubeau

Why Sideing?

Hey, if that is Ur house with the Deuce, why would U change the sideng? It looks good and looks like real wood! "If it aint broke, leave it alone!" I just cannot stand the looks of Vynal sideing.Then again it may be the neighbors house!!?? Good luck, Phil Ps, Boxes look good, cannot see the DEuce!!

deuceman51

I know what you mean about the looks. Recently I helped move all the band equipment after my friends band gig in a local town. I pulled up outside the bar with the deuce, lowered the dropside and started loading gear up. All the bars emptied with people coming out to look and smile. I fired up the whistler, honked the horn, and took off with people cheering, lol. These trucks are just too great to not use them for everyday things.

vtdeucedriver

They are handy. The RR was pulling up 75 mi of RR bed and recycling the rails so they were selling off the ties. One of the yards 7 mi from the house was selling them CHEAP!!!!!! So I went there one weekend and I got in line. People were getting them 1 or 2 at a time and their trucks were sagging on the springs hauling them home. As I pulled up to the load area, the guy asked " well how many are you taking today?' I asked how they came and he said that they have banded stacks of 12 so I took a stack of 12. The looks I got when I dropped the side down and he loaded 12 of them in the back without it squatting at all. It was priceless. It was one of those days where the wife did comment, "wow this thing can be handy" I miss my deuces.