• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce five ton cross? Maybe?

Lonesome715

I am sure some one has thought of this before but I could not locate any helpful information on the subject. I am planning a M211 build with some modern parts. And a whole lot of useful mods.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/early-deuce/31247-need-help-gathering-information-these-old-deuces.html

This truck will be a cure all for many tasks both work related and play time. However, I am starting to wonder if a deuce it strong enough. The deuce mounted cranes I have been reading about has convinced me that such a mod is well with in my abilities. If I go that far with this build I have to consider the weight issue unloaded. Then how heavy will the truck be with the weight of a fully loaded bed and maybe even a trailer? I really do not want the size and weight of a five ton, so I am looking for some sort of cross breed. Oh, and the use of a M211 body in non negotiable. Any ideas?

Westech

CPL
well the M211 does have the double spring packs in the rear. It can hold a LOT more then a M35 type deuce.

O and Lone.. the wiring harness on my M211 is 100% shot. I was planing on wiring it myself... really ez only a couple circuits.I was thinking of 12V just to make things ez with lights and add on's.. But I do have all the 24 volt stuff and a lot of new parts of the charging system.

Lonesome715

No worries. I am not in a hurry if you are not. I just did not want you to think we left you hanging.

You would not happen to have a photograph of the spring configuration on that M211 would you?