• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce front spring bushings

ODdave

Dose anyone know the dimentions for the bronze bushings in the front spring eyes? How about a good place to find them? I am getting ready to bob a deuce and have a different set of springs but they do not have the bronze bushings in them. The springs i want to use are not from a deuce.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are nominal 1 1/4" x 1" x L=2 1/2", new in the box.

But keep in mind that... 1) actual pin diameter is only 25.0 mm or .984"
2) spring eye is not machined so a new bushing is never round or cylindrical once pressed in - which greatly reduces initial free play... but also contact area so they wear fast to fit to loose, to soon!

Best if one could find replacement bushings a little undersized on the inside and had access to a reamer to finish to desired diameter.

That's what I do with mine anyways, since most of the old pins aren't that bad and can be saved/ restored back to cylindrical shape by removing, turning, grinding down, one side only, less than 0.3mm (0.01") down to 24.7mm = .974" O.D. (no worries, hardness goes much deeper than that.)

G.

ODdave

Thanks,

There the first design of wheel i biult. I used a Bridge truck ring and a factory deuce center with the split moved to the inside for safety. Its all trued on a mill so the run smooth. theres a few of them running around MI.

Yes, the offset actualy works well. 6.5in on the back side keeps it away from the steering.

Last edited:

deathrowdave

The best replacement for the bushings is to replace with Delrin. They need to be made on lathe but much better than bronze . Lifetime material needs no lube also !!! :grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks