• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce fuel in oil problem

EDDIEP

ok I admit I don't know much about the duece I have . Because it is converted to fight grass fires for our local vol fire dept . The truck is leaking fuel from some kind of valve in front of the turbo, plus some how theres fuel in the oil . I dont know if these problems are related or not but any help would be greatly appriecated .

cleb

Not sure about the valve in front of the turbo, maybe the flame heater, if so equipped? Sounds like your FDC (Fuel Density Compensator) might be leaking into the engine oil. Do a search, there are multiple threads on how they fail, and how to bypass them. Just remember if you do bypass it, you'll need to turn down the fuel. Can you take a picture of the valve thats leaking in front of the turbo, as well as the injector pump (Drivers side).

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Sounds like it could be the manifold pre-heater. Pill it and plug it is the simplest route. There could be a gasket to replace too. Fuel in the oil could be caused by the FDC. Might want to bypass it. Got pics of your leak?

cleb

I'm not a flame heater expert, so someone else will have to pipe in on that subject. From the pictures you do have a flame intake heater, and my guess is that is whats leaking. Do you have a picture of the injector pump, its on the drivers side of the engine. We can see if your FDC has been bypassed or not...

EDDIEP

Its probably has not been bypassed from my knowledge. We got the truck from the Texas Forestry Service . So it's should have been stock

SEAFIRE

We used to have the fuel in the oil problem on our two current M35A2's we got from the Texas Forest Service.

Our mechanics bypassed the Fuel Density Compensator on both trucks, problem solved.

The 1967 M35A2 we had before our current two M35A2's already had the Compensator bypassed. We also have a spare LDT-465-D engine we got out of a Forest Service parts truck, the engine came from the Toole Depot with the compensator bypassed with instructions on a sticker on how to hook it back up.

EDDIEP, where in Texas are you located?

Last edited: