• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce fuel leak....WHERE IS IT?!

dm22630

My engine has looked all oily since I got it. So....when I changed the fuel & oil filters, I soaked everything with engine cleaner, let it work & then washed it off. Dried overnight & then drove around. When I lifted the hood up, the ENTIRE drivers side of the engine & under the hood was coated in diesel. I have let it sit and idle with the hood up & can not find any drips or leaks, then I revved it to 1500 rpms with the throttle cable & looked....still no signs. Where is it coming from? Do the injectors/injector pump, lines, etc loosen up? Are there any gaskets that might be missing?

Thanks!

CGarbee

Check the injector lines (both ends of each). Look at the nylon lines (check the ends and for pinholes in the lines themselves). Clean it off and run it for a shorter time.
The lines can and do loosen up, crack, etc...
Good luck.

dittle

Another thing to check for would be a pinhole leak in the injector line (not sure of internal pressure on a deuce). To check for this do not use your hand as high pressure liquid is not nice to skin (usually ends up as a hospital visit), use a piece of paper/cardboard with the engine running and move it all around the line watching for diesel to appear on the paper.

Stonewall

I have the same problem on my deuce. thanks for the tip. It seems that most of the concentration of the "spray" seems to originate from somewhere around the injector pump. I will try the cardboard inspection tip.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go buy some DrSchoals or what ever spray on foot powder. Spray the engine and drive it a bit...not too long, the whole engine will be soaked again. The leak will be clean and wet.

Forgot to say, THOUROUGHLY clean and dry the engine before spraying the engine, or it will do no good.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another thing to check for would be a pinhole leak in the injector line (not sure of internal pressure on a deuce). To check for this do not use your hand as high pressure liquid is not nice to skin (usually ends up as a hospital visit), use a piece of paper/cardboard with the engine running and move it all around the line watching for diesel to appear on the paper.
Never ever use your hands to check for leaks. If hydraulic injection occurs, at the least, they will cut the affected area out, the next step is amputation of the finger/hand/limb. Worst case scenario is death. If you have a system under suspected pressure, use a piece of paper or cardboard (I use oil diapers) over the are with your hands clear of the suspected leak.

Our systems I work on are 80% hydraulic driven, and this is a HUGE safety issue with us, as these injuries/deaths have occured.

http://www.cdc.gov/nasd/docs/d000801-d000900/d000891/d000891.html

Last edited:

jimmcld

We have had to replace two of the injector lines because of leaks. Also, it might not leak at lower throttle openings, but then would be covered after being out on the road. One of the lines broke in half right at the junction of the ferrell, down inside the IP and under the retaining nut.

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks