• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce fuel pump question

digitaldust

My fuel pump in my deuce tank is dead . would a 24v electric be killed by WMO faster then the standard sump pump type that cam with the truck ?

I have toasted 12v inline pumps with just a few hrs of W V O pumping tank to tank transfers.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the WMO wasn't cut with diesel or gas and the temps have been low then it could fail sooner pumping WMO.

The fuel pumps are designed to pump a lower viscosity liquid like diesel. Pumping a higher viscosity fluid can shorten their service life.

hoop

There is no connection between the pump and the motor. It is magnetic.
I think one of the keys to keeping these things alive with WMO is keeping the pump motor cool.
The pump has to work harder with WMO, which makes more heat. More heat makes the WMO a lower viscosity fuel.
On a side note.
I did a partial clean of my tank yesterday and found the bottom of 2 pumps in it.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe fix the pump and then take out the fuse and see how much or any performance is lost. Then put the fuse back in when you need to bleed the system after filter change.

digitaldust

is that not harder on the IP having to pull fuel from the tank ?
On a side note a shop for injector pumps said IP does not pull fuel ?
that is why there is a lift pump.

what do i know I'm just the owner .......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks