• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce GVWR ??

Flyingvan911

I think the data plate says 23,030 for on road. Mine weighs 13,500 empty so I'd call mine full at about 23,500. My missouri plate is for 24,000. I think the general consensus is a gvrw of about 23,500 from the posts I've seen.

Last edited:

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GVWR is what the truck is plated at regardless of where it is. GVW is what it weighs and some states supposedly look at that, but FDOT will look at that only to determine if you exceed GVWR so they know how much to make the ticket for...........

Commercial rating of the deuce is much higher, but that is not what they are plated at, besides that starts getting real close to the dreaded 26,001 number. (Which the still cross with 105 in tow...)

Bighurt

GVWR is what the truck is plated at regardless of where it is. GVW is what it weighs and some states supposedly look at that, but FDOT will look at that only to determine if you exceed GVWR so they know how much to make the ticket for...........
ND registers trucks at 10000 lbs or double the unladen weight whichever is more.

GVWR of my M35 is 27060lbs.

I tried fighting it...I lost.

Edit; out of the NDCC manual
TRUCKS: 39–01–01 Subsection 45 and 88, 39–04–19 Subsection 2(b), 39–04–26, 39–12–05, 39-04-23 (NDCC)
B. Minimum registered weight for any truck is double the unloaded weight.

Last edited:

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OUCH, that is not even close to what the Fed specification is. The manufacturers in most cases would have a real issue with that if someone with the funds actually pursued the issue.

F18hornetM

The state doesnt care if you can really carry that much they just want to charge you for it. You can over register a truck in Md too. State will gladly accept the payment even though overloaded per GVWR.
Interestingly, In md historic is listed as N/A on registration weight, although if you used one for commercial use and put truck tags on it, they would tag it at least GVWR. $$

Bighurt

OUCH, that is not even close to what the Fed specification is. The manufacturers in most cases would have a real issue with that if someone with the funds actually pursued the issue.
It's a money thing. There are more pick-up trucks per capita in ND than any other state in the union and the minimum registration is 10k (my post was for Trucks, pick-ups have other criteria). So by NDDOT records there is a ton more weight on the road which helps with funding.

If you are pulled over and exceed GAWR, GVWR or GCVW they can still nail you with overweigh, but other than commercial outfits has anyone ever heard of an overweight ticket for a pick-up or similar.

What sucks is my M35 is over 26001 so I had to get a CDL, Class B, but Class A covers it.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ND registers trucks at 10000 lbs or double the unladen weight whichever is more.

GVWR of my M35 is 27060lbs.

I tried fighting it...I lost.

Edit; out of the NDCC manual
TRUCKS: 39–01–01 Subsection 45 and 88, 39–04–19 Subsection 2(b), 39–04–26, 39–12–05, 39-04-23 (NDCC)
B. Minimum registered weight for any truck is double the unloaded weight.
GVWR aside, in TN a deuce is rated for 46,000lbs if you go by axle weight allowed :shock:. You still can't exceed your GVWR though unless the truck is modified. There is a process to modify a truck to increase the GVWR but it's not something somebody can do in their own driveway.

quickfarms

California uses declared weight so you register a vehicle for anything over the unladen weight but do not get scaled at over your registered weight. Most vehicles are registered at there GVWR but some are registered over the max axle rating and that is just giving the state money.