• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce hard top

devilman96

It depends no how ya wanna do it... If your putting it on as removable you just need the correct gaskets and seals with a fist FULL (20-30) of 1/4-20 X 3/4" bolts, nuts, and flat washers for both sides of each bolt plus tons of spares for shimming. I suggest buying stainless...

If you want to seal it up and not have it leak, hold water and rust I suggest throwing away the gaskets and seals. Pick up a roll of "camper top" weather stripping and 2 tubes of a AUTOMOTIVE seam sealer, roll of masking tape and the fist full of nuts and bolts... Apply the camper seal so it does not hang over the outside of the truck body, trim it where needed as needed... Bolt it all together... shim to fit... tape both sides of each seam off... apply the seam sealer (outside of vehicle)... smooth with your finger or what not... peel the tape off right away... It will be rust proof, water proof and squeak proof...

Note the front seam of the top before installing it to the window... before installing the top do a test fit and check the gaps and seams over... there is a LOT of air gap up there... seal it up with seam sealer before getting it upside down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks