• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce hardtop variations

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Hi guys!

I am trying to pinpoint the purpose/use/era of a different type of deuce hardtop.

The first photo below is what I consider to be the standard military deuce hardtop rear window.

The second photo is the odd variation. This is on a truck direct from military surplus (no dealers involved).

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
David Doyle

Attachments

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
my first thought would have been to question the age of the truck in the bottom pic( is it really early?), but I can see that it has west coast mirrors.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Great clue, thanks Jason. Is your M36A2 ex-USAF?

BTW - Oneida also built the bodies for the R2 crash trucks, school buses, and bunch of other stuff. The town and the industries (including the dinner that is probably on the tables of many of your homes) in it had their beginnings as a religous group. I've been slowly gathering info on the military connection for 4 years or so.

Regards,
David

acetomatoco

I have seen both variations, and attributed variations to different interpretations of the requirements by contractors