• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce info needed.

tprthom

Hi all. Could not find answer by searhcing. Will a 5 ton steering wheel fit on a duece. Also any sources and price of the dual stage brake master cylinder. Thanks for any help.

jatonka

Yes, the M39 series and 800 series 5 ton wheel will fit the deuce splined shaft in the steering column. Check with other people on the 900 series 5 ton wheel, I think they are different. The 800 series wheel is smaller diameter for more room behind the wheel. The NSN is 2530-01-089-9129. I doubt you will find parts available for the military installed dual brake system for the M35A2. But you can do it with a 900 series suspended brake pedal and two trailer airpack/master cylinder combinations into a split brake system. I have an M35A2 with this system, built for the military in Romulus NY area when they were looking for a dual brake system in the 80's. 2 were built, 1 was destroyed later, I have the other one. When you put your foot on the brake pedal, you stop now. If you hit the pedal, you kiss the windshield. No exaggeration at all. It came with a Mico type hydraulic parking brake lock too. Still works perfect. Oh, and remote Master cylinder fillers too, driver side inner cab corner mounted. Beautiful system, but not redundant, so, no air, no brakes except the hand parking emergency brake. JT out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks