• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce is DONE!!!

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Morning Folks sorry but these pics need to be two parts because of the 10 pic limit but here it goes. I purchased this 1971 Deuce 1 year ago next month the truck was in normal shape when I picked it up coming from a GL out of Iowa, I got it home changed every liquid/semi liquid in the vehicle Had to install a heater from a 5 ton in this one because it was cheap and then installed it under the glove box inside the cab, little mor work but it works great. Installed a block heater next and then came the Garwood Winch assembly, that was rather fun. I wont bore you with everything but this Spring I thought it needed paint so THERE began what turned out to be just about a100% full restoration (Not what I was planning) After 155 hrs of sanding grinding taking apart and putting back together it was ready for paint, the last two things I did was to have the inside of the floors and up the back of the cab Rhino Lined in Govt. Green and I finished up the in cab insulation last Saturday Hence the truck is completed!

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Bill remember me asking you about that? It was YOUR saying YES to that which got it done I hope you realize, GOOD decision you made and sometimes I just need a little puch you know!
KK

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
velociT your Deuce sure sounds different with the "D" turbo I swear all I really hear on my truck is TURBO NOISE, obviously its a "C" turbo, I like it a lot for about and hour then honestly I could live without it, you truck sure looks like an A1 Keeper, and I do really like the sound a lot, and Thanks for the compliment on the shop I spend a LOT of time out there velociT Take care and take great care of that Deuce!
KK

dynodave1

I would expect nothing less there Mr. Kostman. Nice job and thanks for saving another gem from the past. You are truly a Great American.
My M1009 has been hard starting lately, not sure what’s up yet.
Thanks for sharing…

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very gratifying to see members putting a lot of effort into their vehicles. That ole gal should last you another 40 years. [thumbzup]

Srjeeper

Excellent job Karl, now wash yer hands, put on some clean drawers and go out & enjoy your ride. :driver:

It looks like a new one [thumbzup]

asgtoolman

Looks GREAT!!!! Sit back and drink a cold one and admire your work!!
It is a pain getting READY to paint, isn't it--but the prep work really pays off.