• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce leaking brake fluid

Hi guys,

after a longer time off steelsoldiers and the M35 (our baby son Jaron was born 2 weeks ago) I started the old deuce last weekend again and drove a little, and noticed that the brake pedal was a little soft going. An after ride inspection showed that it blows out brake fluid through the airpac-vent line which open-ends near the air-filter in my deuce. :oops: Does that mean the airpac is shot? Has anyone experienced that issue before?

Cheers and TIA,
Mark

tmbrwolf

Yup! my experiance is the airpack is leaking internally, fluid is getting past the piston seal into the air side of the unit, a rebuild or replacement is in order. It goes without saying DON"T DRIVE IT until it's fixed! While in the military I had one hydro lock because of this issue, the rear chamber filled with fluid and no amount of standing on the brake pedal would make it stop (the pedal moved a whole inch before locking). I was in a convoy at the time and was still pulling pieces of seat ot of my rear a week later!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks