• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Mod Questions...

mbarber84

Hey All,

Just pondering some mods I want to do for my deuce.

Firstly, Ive been eye`n up the M35A3 air seat. Anyone ever install one of these in an A2?

Just curious about how well the seat would fit in an A2 compared to the standard seat or the A3 truck. Any Ideas?

If anyone knows where one of these seats can be had, I would greatly appreciate some info! I believe it is a Bostrom seat?, based on the searches I completed here on the forum thats what I got from it....

Also thinking about the front lock-out hub conversions...Ive come across information claiming they can add up to 5mpg to fuel economy in these trucks? Anyone have data or experience which can lend some light on this?

Finally, the Air-O-Matic steering has caught my eye as well. Ive done some searching on here and come across a few threads which reference the setup, however I am looking for direct user feed back. Is the $1800 well spent if I plan to drive this truck a ton? (just cant seem to pry my a$$ out of the seat, man are these things fun!!, as a school teacher, Ive found that the Deuce has grown on my students more than it has on me. I'm the talk of the school LOL!) (Ive yet to confirm whether they think I`m cool or crazy.....but it doesn't matter...I love my deuce!) I will say that even some of the faculty think its neat, and it certainly does command interest as it sits in the parking lot out front of the school! Since I'm a technology education teacher, I`m going to work on an alternative fuels / energy component in my classes....maybe get some good quality biodiesel for the new school mascot :)

Thanks for the input! :grin:

P.s. Moderators please move this post to the correct section if necessary. Thank You

Last edited:

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
For the air assist, I would keep the $1800 in my pocket and consider it a free workout when you have to do alot of turning. You could probably buy a complete truck with air assist for that price. t is nice but not worth $1800. I would pay maybe $500 to add it to the truck but thats about it. Its not like full power steering, it just gives a little bit of help when doing slow parking lot manuevers, anything over 5 mph and the steering is easy enough. I dont have any experience with Lock out hubs but have only read about 1-2 mpg increases. I like having the storage under my old school box seat, the spring seats make me sit too high and have to hunch over to see out the windshield. My $.02

jwaller

if your truck has an airshift front axle then don't waste your time putting hubs on the front. put a hub on the forward rear tandem and get more affect with it.

you will reduce your turning circle and save tire wear and get better mileage.