• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Muffler Install with Pics

TreadLite

I installed a Donaldson Muffler (M070028) on my deuce and wanted to show some pics. It was a pretty simple install and is much quieter. Sometimes I miss the noise but it's better for the kid's ears (and hopefully will help keep the neighbors happy). Of course I procrastinated the install this summer and ran out of time so it was installed in the rain (no, my deuce doesn't have glossy paint).

I reused the top clamp and only needed to buy one for the bottom. I'd like to mod the heat shield like eldgenB did but that's going to have to wait - http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/38978-i-added-muffler-disguise.html

I didn't take any sound readings but check out MO MV man's thread for that -
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/54990-muffler-installation-db-comparison.html

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

TreadLite

The muffler was rubbing on the mirror tubes and since I have enough metal rattling together, I decided to build a piece to give it a little more clearance. The tubes would be easy enough to bend (go drive too close to a tree) but I decided to build the bracket. The pics show the amount of clearance before and after.

Attachments

TreadLite

And the (almost) finished pics. I still need to paint it green and install the heat shield but here it is.

In case you're wondering, that's a full size jeep behind the truck.:whistle:

Attachments

eagle4g63

I am so jealous, you have the arctic rear cover :drool:

Nice install on the muffler, that thing looks big, should be very quiet now huh?

Ok so I just noticed you are in Alaska :shock: no wonder you have the arctic cover, you need it!!

TreadLite

I am so jealous, you have the arctic rear cover :drool:

Nice install on the muffler, that thing looks big, should be very quiet now huh?

Ok so I just noticed you are in Alaska :shock: no wonder you have the arctic cover, you need it!!

Thanks. With the arctic cover and heater, it stays nice and toasty back there. I haven't used it in the extreme cold yet but it is pretty comfortable in the spring and fall to sleep in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks