• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Now has white haze....

Lccountryboy89

Ok so I have an 87 a2 model and I just changed all the fuel filters on it recently and ever since then I have noticed a fair amount of white smoke coming from the exhaust while running. While idling it is very visible but it comes out pretty steady while driving the truck... I know in the 3/4 ton diesel world white smoke means bad injectors... is that also true in these multifuel trucks? Truck drives great I have noticed no lack in power or rough idling or anything like that, only symptom right now is the haze?
When I changed the filters the primary filter was AWFUL (some dark sticky substance, I guess from the fuel sitting up) but the secondaries were pretty clean. I know that I need to drop the tank and get it cleaned and get all this junk out of my fuel system. I just hope that the junk in the fuel system hasn't gotten past the filters and messed up the injectors and or pump... Any ideas or suggestions??

Thanks in advance!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
White smoke don't necessarily mean failed injectors. White smoke means injection is happening at the wrong time. Make sure it isn't taking air or high restriction. If you have been idling it and not loading it, you could be mistaking white for oil smoke. The multi hates idle/no load operation. Try giving it a hot lap on the hiway near you, stop idling it and then see what it looks like.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks