• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Parking Zone

ARYankee

I bought a really cool sign from pistonring. I finally got around to putting it up and taking some pictures so I figured I would share them with the group. :) It's a deuce only parking zone (at the moment) in my front yard and any violators will be crushed. Oh yeah, pay no attention to the crap in the background because it's my PITA neighbors stuff. He about broke his neck trying to get an angle on what I put up. I bet he felt really dumb after he saw what it was :)

Attachments

airmech3839

there was a guy selling them but I think they were like 50 bucks or maybe more...

nice looking sign!! very professional not just a cheap one either.. road crew quality!!

mcmullag

beware

Wouldn't that technically be a ' Deuce Crossing' sign?

If you see the same type sign on the road with the silohutte
of a deer or elk on it, that does not mean those
animals park there. :-D

At Ft. Carson here, they have the same type sign
with a tank image on it, on their street near where the
tanks are stored and serviced.

ARYankee

Any luck removing those stumps!!!? Appears to be quite a bit of work on them so far.

Well so far the stumps are winning. I started out by burning them for something to do. I then got the idea to dig around them and cut all the roots that I could get to, well that was just before we got the hot summer heat with temps above 100 with heat indexes between 108 to 115. So the stumps currently are winning the battle but not the war. Eventually they will come out (maybe when THEY feel like it) rofl

Wouldn't that technically be a ' Deuce Crossing' sign?

If you see the same type sign on the road with the silohutte
of a deer or elk on it, that does not mean those
animals park there. :-D

At Ft. Carson here, they have the same type sign
with a tank image on it, on their street near where the
tanks are stored and serviced.
<<<<<<<<<<Kinda like this???

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well so far the stumps are winning. I started out by burning them for something to do. I then got the idea to dig around them and cut all the roots that I could get to, well that was just before we got the hot summer heat with temps above 100 with heat indexes between 108 to 115. So the stumps currently are winning the battle but not the war. Eventually they will come out (maybe when THEY feel like it) rofl

One of the things I learned about stump removal was leave about 4 or 5 feet of it up in the air. The height gives you leverage whether you use a backhoe to pull it over or a bulldozer to push it.

So, you put a heavy chain around it and attach it to the Deuce.

:)

sw

goldneagle

One of the things I learned about stump removal was leave about 4 or 5 feet of it up in the air. The height gives you leverage whether you use a backhoe to pull it over or a bulldozer to push it.

So, you put a heavy chain around it and attach it to the Deuce.

:)

sw
Good luck with the pulling idea! I tried that with some big pine tree and Pecan tree stumps using my 5 ton without a budge. It depends on the root ball and root system.

ARYankee

Good luck with the pulling idea! I tried that with some big pine tree and Pecan tree stumps using my 5 ton without a budge. It depends on the root ball and root system.
Yeah I've already tried with a huge log chain and 2 different angles with no success. My wife said it looked like the deuce was going to break before the stump would move. Oh well, I'll wait it out and dig & chop a little a day. Gives me something to do.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah I've already tried with a huge log chain and 2 different angles with no success. My wife said it looked like the deuce was going to break before the stump would move. Oh well, I'll wait it out and dig & chop a little a day. Gives me something to do.
On Topic:
Love the SIGN [thumbzup]

Off Topic:
Once you've exposed the roots, dump some HIGH nitrogen fertilizer or pure fresh manure onto the root area, keep it damp, and in about 6 weeks, the roots will have a BAD case of decay. The nitrogen will eventually degrade to a natural potency and be good for the surrounding soil. 2cents The nitrogen technique also works if you want to bore several 1" diameter holes into the stump, then fill them with fertilizer, keep it moist, and watch the tree trunk "disolve" over a matter of weeks/months.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled SIGN thread topic :mrgreen:

Kevin C

I want one of them too, and I don't even own a Deuce yet! It's very nice, although that may not be the correct word to describe a quality looking sign. :lol:

jamesfrom180

Sorry about the hi-jack!!! Is the armor crossing available? I've also heard of "Artillery overhead" signs that is the one I want. Any one have a lead on any of those three?

Takai13

Love the sign.

Off Topic:
Is old fashioned stump remover legal where you are? We used to use 1/2 sticks of dynamite for stump removal. The real work was filling in the holes.