• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Parts in Southern CA???

mdd0127

Banned
I'm out in Morro Bay, CA and I need to pick up some parts for my M292 so I can make the drive back to CO safely. area52 mentioned some junkyards that have parts in the area but I can't remember if he specified exactly where they were. I need a headlight and a rear wheel cylinder. I've been searching the net and calling junkyards but no one has been able to help so far. I think he mentioned a yard in Barstow??? Do any of you guys have any recommendations on who to call?

Thanks,
Danny

mutt_kahuna

deuce parts

depending on what part of socal..here's: Barstow truck 760-256-1086..waLker auto/truck in Hesperia 760-244-8060 and in Lancaster, Antelope valley truck 800-521-8518.....ED

RE: deuce parts

I bought extra wheel cylinder kits that I did not need to use. I have rebuild kits, and a complete built wheel cylinder if you want to buy them..I bought them for a M35 but they may be the same. I am not far from you. I got them from OD Iron. I also know someone close by to me who probably has the headlight you need.

steelandcanvas

Re: RE: deuce parts

yellobronc said:
I bought extra wheel cylinder kits that I did not need to use. I have rebuild kits, and a complete built wheel cylinder if you want to buy them..I bought them for a M35 but they may be the same. I am not far from you. I got them from OD Iron. I also know someone close by to me who probably has the headlight you need.
Nathan I was thinking of you when I read his post, I figured you were about closest to him with being in Morro Bay and you in Santa Maria. I spent some time in Arroyo Grande on the Dixon Farm and did the electrical work on the Chuck E. Cheese in Santa Maria. Hope someone can help him.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: deuce parts

Steer away from AVTE for the headlight, they burn out fast. I'd go with them for the wheel cylinder though, you will have them the day after they are ordered if they are shipped to a Ca. address.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: deuce parts

WillWagner said:
Steer away from AVTE for the headlight, they burn out fast. I'd go with them for the wheel cylinder though, you will have them the day after they are ordered if they are shipped to a Ca. address.
I agree. I bought 2 and they burnt out w/in 5 minutes of plugging them in. I have 4 takeoff wheel cylinders if needed from my deuce.

mdd0127

Banned
Re: RE: deuce parts

yellobronc said:
You guys are awesome! I'd love to buy some rebuild kits from you. Right now, only one is leaking but the others can't be too great and it's going to be a long drive home. PM me your number and a good time to call and we can get in touch.

What's the word on the good headlights that don't burn out fast? I had one working one and it burned out in 3 miles!

I'd also like to find some brake/tail lights to mount on my towed vehicle.

Driving the deuce today was the best feeling I've had in a long time. I can't wait for the drive home. I'm going to vibrate for a week!

I'll post up some pics tomorrow. This thing is going to be the ULTIMATE expedition vehicle.

Thanks again,
Danny (970)764-0742

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks