• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce parts on a 5 ton

junkyardog

i purchased a hard top and a heater from a duece for my 5 ton. i noticed that the starter on the duece was on the passinger side. mine is on the drivers side. both engs are multifuel with turbos. would the starter still work. i didnt buy it but i was going to. also the generators look the same size but mine is more open with a fan in the center of it.

Westech

CPL
RE: duece parts on a 5 ton

the generators will swap over, just one has a out side fan and the other inside fan. the starter.. I think so you may have to re clock it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Re-clock the nose on the starter and you shoud be OK. The alts have a few different designs but for the most pat are interchangeable.

desertfox

The deuce starter will mount on the 5 ton and visa versa. You will need to change the starter drive gear and index the starter nose for it to mount up properly. I have used a 5 ton on a deuce. When I mounted the 5 ton starter on the deuce it was indexed outboard just a tad more that a deuce starter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks