• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce playing after 4"/hr rain

Banshee365

After those huge rain storms rolled through here in central FL last night, one of my pastures has a big pond now. When I woke up I saw it and threw on some boots and went out to take some pics. I alway's loved seeing things in water with the reflection. When I got out there I was suprised to find it was over a foot deep in places. I don't think the water was high enough to cause any wheel bearing grease problems but it sure was fun.

-Kelly

Attachments

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Careful don't you know just a few inches of moving water can wash a car away :p [thumbzup] Sorry the talking heads have beat that into my head. I was surprised to find the axle vents were mounted just on top of the axle squares, so it might be worth a look.

Banshee365

Haha, the axle vents never did submerge. The water isn't any higher than in any of those pics and the water is about up to the bottom of the axle housing. I would have hit it faster but my neighbors already think I'm a crazy redneck.

-Kelly

ida34

Also, are you denying their allegations? You might be a crazy redneck if you play around in the standing rainwater in your deuce.

Banshee365

Oh I embrace the fact I'm a crazy redneck. Last night in the middle of the downpour I was out there in my F-250 "testing the waters" before we went to dinner. And just a minute ago my grandmother wanted to check it out and I took our JD Gator down there, but didn't go much off shore with that little bugger.

-Kelly

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice truck wash Kelly! Looks like fun :D

Nothing to do with your situation, but we had this moron in WV drive through water over the hood of his deuce. The road from his house went through the creek in a couple of places. 10" of rain made the creek a rivier. Needless to say he locked the motor up. The water continued to rise until the entire truck was submerged! I wonder what happened to it? Prolly ended up on eBay real cheap.

Banshee365

I think only the drums got some water in them. I doubt the u-joints saw water or the axle vents. The water may have got up to the bottom of the knuckle boots but not by much. Think there's anything I should check?

-Kelly

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You could always just pull the fill plugs and check the level. If it pours out and looks milky, then time for a change. If the level is the same and the oil looks good then contamination should be minimal.

Bidslinger

Oh just go out and rip through the mud and water for a while then change the fluid whether it needs it or not.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool - but now we need pics of you hitting the water at 40mph to get those side-splashing geysers coming up from your front tires! We'd put that on the SS homepage!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks