• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce power steering - air o matic

vinny-socom1

Hey I just tried to go to that web site and its not working??? are they closed?? can I still get parts? I have a the air-o-matic kit but I think I need a seal kit for it. Does anyone know how to get in contact with somebody there? Thanks Vinny

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I really think with the discontinuation of the air-o-matics and the impending rise in difficulty of obtaining parts that the hydraulic p/s swaps like m-35 tom and gringeltaube's will be the way to fly in the future........

2cents 2cents

HeadWizard

Re: power steering

Adamlee said:
maddawg308 said:
Well, guess I won't be buying that anytime soon. :(
You could just go ahead and step up to a 5-ton and be done with it..... :driver:
The 5 ton route is an idea, but have you seen what the dealers are bidding those things up to recently? Everything in Richmond went for about 5k yesterday - and most of them were cr@p.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: power steering

FUD spreading detected..

There's Nothing wrong with the site, it's working. There was a set of threads in ancient times indicating that it might be discontinued, then due to public demand, that small runs of systems could certainly still be done. Art didn't have to find a way to have more made, but he did. What we sometimes don't see is that this is correct military gear for the M35 and yet it is not a common surplus item like the rest of the stuff on the truck. Nothing like that is inexpensive to buy or have made, especially in small quantity like 50 per year. Other correct but specialized surplus items like the electronics gear (GRC-106, RT524, VIC-4, etc) are not inexpensive either. I'm as frugal as the next man but if it's worth it to me, I'll take the hit on the wallet and do it. Maybe a used air system is available, they turn up from time to time.

I'll stick with, and stand behind the merits of, the air-o-matic system. I'm glad to have it. It was easy to install, correct for the truck, doesn't need messy hydro fluid, and a failure will not leave you with a wheel you can't turn safely, etc. It also makes cool hissing sounds when doing the parkling-lot tango, and that is a head-turner. (OTOH when the hydro pump on the oil based power steering goes, you'll be buzzing like a $300 hooptie in the ghetto) There have been no problems with the air system yet. I think I have about 6000 miles on it.

The recent thread confirming the availability is from May 20, 2008.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=22468

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
vinny-socom1 said:
Hey I just tried to go to that web site and its not working??? are they closed?? can I still get parts? I have a the air-o-matic kit but I think I need a seal kit for it. Does anyone know how to get in contact with somebody there? Thanks Vinny
I just called him the other day. His site should be up and running now. I inquired about the kits. He will have some in in a week or so. The price is as quoted above.

Like a d/a, I let one slip by when I thought I was not continuing with my tractor project. Miltrucks HAD one at a great price, and I said, "I won't need it since I'm not doing the project anymore." A day later, things reversed. I decided to continue the tractor build. And the air kit was... GONE!! aua :!:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks