• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce pulls a 1 ton around

M1075

A fuel pump went out in the Dodge, so a little towing was in order. It is amazing how a deuce can make a 1 ton 4x4 dually look so little!

I need to fab up some towbar mounts for future recoveries.

Attachments

PWM

I like how your deuce looks with 10 XL’s on it, the Dodge is nice too. When I built the bumpers for my Dodge I built in 2 inch receivers attached directly to the frame rails on the front and back so I can attach a 12,000 pound winch on either end and store it in the tool box when not in use. I have been thinking this would be a good mounting point for a tow bar. All I have now is the 12 foot hernia inducing tow chain.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope someone was in the 1-ton providing braking help. Otherwise, towing with a cable would get REAL fun when it was time to stop.

M1075

PWM- I think you could easily fab up some tow bar mounts to slid into your receivers. I have some M880 towbar adapters that I might try to use.

Maddawg- This was definitely a two person operation.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks