• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Ramblings...

Flea

Well, it's been close to a month, and I gotta say I love this truck.

The looks I get are priceless. I love how everyone stops to take a second look, the four-wheelers give you a respective nod, and even the law slows down to rubber-neck.

After spending some time behind the wheel (including the 300+ mile trip home without incident), I can really see why so many people love this truck. Having lucked out with a unit that has heat, hard top AND power steering, I've got the equivalent of the "luxo-deuce", in my opinion. I've had a bugger of a leaky oil filter canister, a stubborn windshield wiper motor, and various other little "bugs" to work on. But, by God, I missed having a project. The little lady gives me a hard time, I go get lost in the cab for about 30 minutes or so. And that time has really paid off. I've picked up on some little things that I've fixed, along with just doing some long-neglected routine maintenance.

I've had an offer close to double what I paid. I turned it down without thinking twice.

Some of you may recall me posting a while back about a problem with the clutch? 4th gear wouldn't hold under high throttle for some reason... Well, that seems to have disappeared. I can floor it in 4th and 5th and it just gains speed much faster than I originally expected it would. Who knows? They say the best vehicles have a personality. Perhaps she knows she's in a good home. :)

Now, to find some mixed gas, WEO, WVO, or other to reduce the operating cost... :mrgreen:

Has anyone ever fashioned their own cargo bows without the troop seats? I want to put a canvas on the old girl eventually, but don't really feel like building/finding some troop seats.

-Craig

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You may want to get those troop seats, they can come in handy.... Deuce cargo bed isn't terribly deep without them.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks