• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce recovery

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all,

I figured you would like to hear about my adventures in recovering two deuces from mechanicsburg and chambersburg respectively. I had won the trucks (an M35A2 and an M36A2) several weeks ago and my EUC came in this past Thursday. A quick wire transfer and a few phone calls and pickup was scheduled for Monday....... I was fortunate to have a few favors that i could call in and managed to score the use of a hemmtt to tow the trucks home. The plan was set-- leave Sunday evening in the hemmtt (which i drove the whole way out despite the fact htat we were supposed to take shifts-- i had that much fun) with my m1009 in tow (to be used later as a chase/ warning vehicle), lodge at a hotel in chambersburg, and be at the gate at 11am at Letterkenny to get the first truck.......... When we got there, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the truck started with the slightest bump of the starter and had perfect vitals........ so, I drove it out of the lot and decided to drive it to mechanicsburg to see how it performed on the highway----- still cant get over the fact that this thing hauls a$$ and puts out absolutely no smoke...... We got to Mechanicsburg and pulled out the second truck to the shopping mall parking lot just outside the gate (right on time too as we made it in just under closing time)....... We attracted the attention of the gatehouse MP's who were trying to figure out what we were doing---- we got told that the rig (two deuces in flat tow behind the hemmtt) was highly illegal but that they admired our ambition........ A little more BSing with the cops and we got on our way with one heck of a long rig (note: for those who have never driven a hemmtt, its fun---- and for those who have never driven one with two deuces in tow, its even more fun--- can still manage 50 on the highway)....... We even got a big thumbs up from a PA statie on the interstate as he went by........... Two rest stops later, and we made it back to my yard...... The next day, i got to take stock of my wins--- the m35a2 has a nice new powerpack under the hood, new exhaust, new windshields and drivers side glass, new radiator (less than a year old according to the tag on it), and three brand new tires (with the others at about 90% tread) (note on the tires-- I know they were new as they had nubbies on the tread at the point that i took it from the yard). Crawling underneath the truck revealed a new airpack as well. The downfalls of this truck are one dead headlight bulb, a non-working fuel gauge, a dead horn, and two tears in teh cargo cover (repairable though)........ Its been 24 hours since i ran the truck at this point and it still had near full air pressure!!! This truck ended up costing me a little over 2k after taxes, premium, title, etc. Needless to say Im very pleased 8) ........ The M36A2 has the following: new turbo, alternator, seats, 6 new tires, near mint cargo cover, full radio mounts and cables, new steering wheel and horn, and save for a jump start, runs perfectly with all accessories and gauges reading properly (and puts out about 50 pounds oil pressure)............. All in all I am very pleased with my trucks as i had bid on them sight unseen (but i did have a good review from maddawg on the m36a2)........... I do have a few pics of my adventure which will get posted as soon as Mangus helps me figure out how...............

Ziggy

PS...... My other m36 gasser is now available for sale as i wont need it anymore....... It is available alone or with the parts i have acquired so far to convert it to a multifuel.........

Elwenil

Wow, and yeah, you had better have taken pics of the HEMMT and the two Deuces in tow because you know they will be screaming for it, lol. And just so I beat everyone to the punch...

nopics

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Just for the record, I have some vacation time available. The next time something like this happens, I can bring the handy cam to document it for you. :)

sak00

No doubt, The ones I was watching this month went for way more than they were worth. $3,075 and the one in Starke, FL . I think was $4300

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to be of assistance looking at the M36A2 for you Ziggy! Glad to hear you got it. That looks like a great motor pool you got going there!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks