• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce running cold?

dirtyfingernails

Took my truck out for an extended drive today. One hour at 45 to 50 mph the temp gauge never got over 165. Think the gauge or sender is bad? Or maybe the thermostat is screwy? Truck has a brand new radiator and I've never gotten it over this temp. Any advice?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My temp gauge never leaves the 120 degrees. Running, idling, towing another deuce. The gauge looks new, but I think the wiring is bad, or the temp sending unit it bad.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
everything on mine is new so i assume it is typical of what is expected. runs 160 all the time regardles of load or outside temp. however most diesels perform best with high water temp, 200 would be ideal

sailor2000

cranetruck said:
sailor2000 said:
Does the multifuel have a thermostat???
Well of course, but isn't open much apparently.
Starts to open around 180 and is fully open around 195°F or so.
Then the engine should come up to 180 quickly and stay at or above that if the thermostat is working correctly.. right?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The multifuel is a very efficient engine and the fan does a super job at cooling, the t-stat will open when engine is doing some real work, never at idle or low load conditions.
Remember many diesels are air cooled alone, granted with cooling fins etc,.....the Tatra in a nearby post for example.

JDToumanian

All the tales of trucks running cold leave me puzzled... Once moving down the road, mine has always come right up to 180, summer or winter, and has never gone higher even when heavily loaded. :?:

Jon

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
mine runs around 160 till I put a load on it then it gets to 180-200. But more to the point, have you checked the conector at the temp sending unit? mine is going bad and the temp guage will sometimes jump when I hit a bump. It's where the wire exits he rubber cover of the connector. I will just cut it away, fix and solder it, and cover with black RTV.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks