• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce running hot and over charging?

Blythewoodjoe

I have noticed my truck doesn't perform the way my old truck does and this has me concerned for a long trip. Two things.

My old truck ran 180 degrees. My current truck runs and holds 200. Is that OK or should I look for a problem? Seems to be working well and doesn't go over 200. It may just be a gage issue. Any thought would be appreciated.

My charging gage is right at the edge of the green/red zone on the high side. I am going to get a volt meter and check the out put. I assume I should check it at the alternator. What is too high? I assume under 28 volts with the truck idling is OK or that too high? Again any thoughts?

Thanks guys,
Joe Trapp

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How does your coolant look? My deuce has to work hard to get over 190°F and that's with radiator cover. Rarily over 200.
The voltage can be adjusted to 28 volts. The little white tick mark in the green field is the correct voltage, 28.5 +-0.5 volts.

Blythewoodjoe

My coolant looks OK but I will check it with a tester if I can find it. As for the alternator it's the HMMWV dual voltage alternator with the huge regulator on top. I will have to check the voltage when I get home.