• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Security

WarrenD

Ok, I'm a FNG and know it, so if this has been mentioned already, shoot me!
I've read a few threads here about how to keep a duece from roaming and I thought of one thing I haven't seen mentioned. Not knowing much about diesels (yet) I don't know if it's a viable option, but I'll put it out anyway. A fuel valve in a hidden location (but still convenient to the owner) would not allow the engine to start. Simple, and when combined with other measures previously mentioned should frustrate any would be thief (or local joy-rider).
FWIW.....

Blood_of_Tyrants

There are several options. Fuel cutouts are one, physical locks on the master switch or the engine stop are another. Electrical cutouts on the start button or even a keyed ignition switch are possible.

coolnick73

I think having a some sort of bracket so you lock your transfer case in neutral would be good. Especially if you plan on leaving the engine run while in a store or during cold periods during the winter. It would keep some one from putting it into gear and driving around in the parking lot by itself.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think having a some sort of bracket so you lock your transfer case in neutral would be good. Especially if you plan on leaving the engine run while in a store or during cold periods during the winter. It would keep some one from putting it into gear and driving around in the parking lot by itself.

My truck came with a bracket and a hole in the T case lever to lock it neutral. Works great.

Last edited:

Josh

either i missread the TM or failed to understand it, but wouldnt leaving the T-Case in neutral bypass the parking brake? or have i got things mixed up.

Josh

remove the steering wheel would seem to be a good idea( for long term storage), and if they some how have another random steering wheel that will bolt on, it probably wont be big enough to get enough leverage to turn the thing.

Last edited:

Westex

I like the lock the passenger door, open the driver windshield thing, and pull the handle on the driver side thing, but it's very minimal.

Keith_J

Lock on the battery box and remove the battery jumper. Or put a battery cutoff on the positive from the battery/slave.

This will keep most joy riders off.