• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce soft top removal question

mattyboy

started removing top off my new project and got stuck on the lip on windshield. there is some rot in channel nothing serious i assume the chanel slides out either end. correct me if im wrong got it to move 2 inches and thats it . sprayed with pb blaster and walked away. suggestions . on a side note insullation was disintegrating on me in cab 87 degrees sweaty bald pig covered:(

brianp454

I've never taken mine off, so can't help much. If you don't get it figured out in the next few days I'll tear into it next time the weather permits...

Lindsaym151

Had mine off once! took way to much time to reinstall! in FL keep it on till Oct!Silicone spray works well,I used surgical gloves to spray and changed them out 4 times as i pulled!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somtimes it takes two people, one on each side and tug it back and forth.

You can pry the channel open a little bit.

Scarecrow1

Dawn dish washing detergent and a stiff brush, add enough water to get the detergent worked into the channel and then try to slide it side to side . It should break lose a little at a time but it will come . The clean up is simple just a water hose .......