• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Sold!

saddamsnightmare

April 3rd, 2012.

My old deuce, "Saddam's Nightmare" and the M105A2 trailer in Blossom, Texas sold yesterday to a man from down near Tyler,TX. I am going to miss her as she was part of the family since October 2007, but I could not get reposted in time back to Texas, and sitting does not help a truck that is used to running everyday. Thanks to those of you who inquired, and thanks to those of you who helped trouble shoot various issues when I could not figure them out from the manuals.:???: She is already missed by her former owners.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hope you'll still hang out here though. Going to get another one when time allows?

On a side note, any reason you post the date in all your posts?

saddamsnightmare

April 4th, 2012.

Gents:

Yes, I would guess the gentleman is probably on here or a MVPA person, at least I hope he is near enough to either the Piney Woods or RRVMVPA groups to get advice so he doesn't inadvertently kill the deuce. I don't know if he ever owned one before, but we shall find out.
The reason I put the date on the heading is habit from both the railroad and the government, I have resisted the tendency to add the military time system hours(24 hour clock) (again RR and US Gov't).
I would hope to have another deuce if I can find one in that good a shape when I am in a state more favorable to deuce registration, see my posts on Illinois, this place is sure....different, when it comes to deuces and MV's. If I had the luck to hit the lottery though, I would probably opt for a Unimog U1300L with Ultra-high speed axles, as they can carry almost as much as a deuce on road (more off road capacity), they are fast and they are diesel, plus more agile overall. I don't know about the CUCV's though, many of them are more temperamental then the deuce, particularly as regards their wiring systems, and I once worked for GM in parts, and the last thing they want to see is anything GM still running after 25 years.... Remember the M211/M135 fiasco? That's why the Army went for the M35 series.....
I won't dissappear, though I am debating replacing my icon as the M35A2 bore the name "Saddam's Nightmare", perhaps I should retire the picture and substitute the Unimog?:| Thanks again for the many kindnesses, advices and insights, there are few folks like you all in the world today, and that should be taken as a compliment!

Last edited:
Didn't know that Ill. was that bad for MV's. I used to live in DuPage County. I know WI. is really bad and they are having a big fight up there. Figured Southern Ill. with the open country and farms would utilize dueces? Anyway, sorry for the loss of your baby and good luck on your next project.

John

91W350

You can stop by and drive mine anytime you like. I am glad you finally got it sold, that was a long drawn out process. Glen