• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce stuck

rizzo

we went to the bog last night to drop off the new victim. It was donated by S@S towing in Port Huron. We set it right next to the ranger so things won't be so tippy.

Decided to stir up the pits a bit with the 5 ton and got stuck in the big hole. later I took the deuce through and got stuck in the same spot.

the rest of the holes are great with varying levels of mud. should be a something for everyone.

I upgraded the water tanks so they dump faster. now we can haul water 50% faster. should be lots of water Saturday. even the trails have water in them.

the north side of the middle pit:

Attachments

rizzo

actually I used my m810 to do it. had gotten that stuck a few minutes earlier. the guys are gonna have to mix that up a little at a time. it is like jello in the middle.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Considering the trucks get deep into the mud, how do you clean them afterwards? What about mud/water getting into the batteries, etc?

rizzo

OPCOM said:
Considering the trucks get deep into the mud, how do you clean them afterwards? What about mud/water getting into the batteries, etc?
the bats ussually get muddy water in and around the plastic case. never had any huge clumpsof mud in there.

I am not usually in mud that deep. but I never seem to have a problem with water. I don't get stuck often(that means I drive in and out, not parking in the water) and last time I took the axles apart no water was present.

so, no problems.

DMgunn

Do you have any good pics of your M810 posted anywhere (besides the link)? Also, what wheels are you running on it? I need some with 2-3/8" of backspacing (or 9-5/8") in a 10 inch width, and yours look kinda close........

rizzo

DMgunn said:
Do you have any good pics of your M810 posted anywhere (besides the link)? Also, what wheels are you running on it? I need some with 2-3/8" of backspacing (or 9-5/8") in a 10 inch width, and yours look kinda close........
here is a link to some of the pics. the wrecker has the same setup but not XL's...yet.

I have 16.00-r20 mich XL's on what is think are hemut rims. I don't know the back spacing. it may be 3 and 7 or 4 and 6.

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/frankrizzo1972/my trucks/?start=all

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks