• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce surging

JawSaw

changed sec filters still surged any time took over 1500rpm's changed primary filter and problem was solved thanks for info. now very hard to start bled lines going to get new external fuel pump. can get started but once I shut off will not fire again for a longtime any clues why?

sandcobra164

What I should have posted last night is right along the lines of what Jeepsinker posted. You likely have a leak somewhere in a fuel line or fitting along with possibly a non working in tank pump. You also may have a Hydraulic Head on the Injection Pump going out. If you post what tests you have performed to try and isolate the problem, there are certainly some guru's on here who can help. Changing filters can help but have you verified what is in the fuel tank is somewhat combustible? The multifuel engine is not very picky but like any somewhat diesel motor, does not like any air being introduced into the fuel feed lines.

My personal example. My truck is a solid runner. In the course of installing a C Turbo to replace the D Turbo that it came with, I broke an old brittle nylon tubing line that fed the old flame intake heater. It would run great but when it sat overnight, it would start right up, die about 5 seconds later, and restart with about 30 seconds of starting. I plugged and capped all the lines going to the flame heater and it went right back to it's 1/2 second think about bumping the starter button starts.

Please provide more detail and we will be happy to help. If not me, then someone else who has run into the issue that you are currently experiencing.