• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce t-case

rizzo

has anyone ever heard of a manual shift t-case for a G-742 deuce?

to my knowledge they only had the sprag type and air shift type

ida34

I think Memphis made a conversion kit to make a t-case manual. I am sure someone in the know will chime in but I am pretty sure it was engaged with a lever.

ida34

I just remembered. I think it is an REB kit. Do a search for that and see if that is what you are looking for.

rizzo

Re: RE: deuce t-case

ida34 said:
I just remembered. I think it is an REB kit. Do a search for that and see if that is what you are looking for.
thanks chuck, I was searching for sprag conversion and not finding what I wanted

rizzo

RE: Re: RE: deuce t-case

So. there were two t-cases made from the factory. a sprag and airshift. However there are chances of someone getting a sprag that was converted to a manual shift.

so right now if you were to get a deuce t-case from the junkyard it could be 1 of 3 kinds. right?

Rattlehead

RE: Re: RE: deuce t-case

When I was shopping for a replacement t-case, one of the dealers said they had a manual shift t-case for the deuce. I can't remember which dealer though. Ended up getting a take-out airshift from a collector.

jatonka

Yes there was a REB kit sold by Memphis Equipment for many years. replaced the sprag unit and another gear to give you equal gear ratio output to front and rear. I have 2 of them, not for sale but I can attest to the fact that they are great. If enough people showed any interest, I am thinking Memphis might make another production run. I remember them selling for about $475 a couple years ago. John T

rizzo

is there a Neutral on a sprag system like the five ton? or is it either on the forward sprag or the reverse sprag. one or the other no neutral sprag position??

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
rizzo said:
is there a Neutral on a sprag system like the five ton? or is it either on the forward sprag or the reverse sprag. one or the other no neutral sprag position??
Yes, you have a neutral and a very short travel btw. forward and reverse positions. There is no spring loaded detent ball on the shift mechanism, so it would be kind of tricky to adjust.

G.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks