• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Tips and Tricks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We had this before, lets get it started again. Here's the first one. If you're having problems adjusting your alt belts ie, the alt is hitting the primary filter, remove the step bracket holding the filter and place it on the bottom of the upper frame flange. It's usually on the top and this gets you an extra 1/2 of alternator swing.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tired of that annoying but necessary low air buzzer? Once your truck is running and has oil pressure, turn the power switch off until the air gets above 60. Gets rid of the noise. Better yet, use the time to get out of the cab and do a good pre-trip inspection. If you do a thorough inspection, the buzzer will be off before you climb back in the cab.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Headlight life! Are you zapping those $28 headlights at an alarming rate? make sure your LD/LDT/LDS is idling high enough. Usually above 800 is good. At low RPM the harmonics are heck on bulb filaments.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rear Tire Matching. If you refuse to run on one rear axle then this formula is for you. Roll out the circumference on all of your rear tires(make sure they all have the correct tire pressure). Pair up your tires according to circumference. 2 biggest, next 2 biggest and so forth. Once you have 4 prs made, take the pair with the largest circumference and the pair with the shortest circumference and put those on the same axle. Put the remaining 2 prs on the other axle. This is as close as you can match the 8 tires without truing them.

JohnnyReb

Recovry4x4 said:
Tired of that annoying but necessary low air buzzer? Once your truck is running and has oil pressure, turn the power switch off until the air gets above 60. Gets rid of the noise. Better yet, use the time to get out of the cab and do a good pre-trip inspection. If you do a thorough inspection, the buzzer will be off before you climb back in the cab.
Hey Recovery, great tips.. Just one question...If you turn off your power switch doesn't the fuel tank pump stop running? How long will the truck run before it need a prime from the fuel tank? Just curious...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It will run OK for quite a while. I've had a bad pump for several months. As far as that tip, I would turn the power back on before going down the road so your gauges work.

marksgarage2

Me to. I would never disconnect my buzzer. Came in handy last year when my air line froze up. When it came on I ran the truck harder and it warmed the line up again till i got home. I like early detection devices.

Deuceswild

littlebob said:
My buzzer does not work and there is a wire loose underneath the dash
Can anybody tell me where the buzzer is?
littlebob,
Your air pressure buzzer is located just to the right of center on the interior firewall about 15" up from the transmission tunel. it is about 5"x5"x1 1/2" thick with the wire located at the lower right side.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can always install my little turnsignal/buzzer gizmo, which changes the continous buzz to a very tolerable beep..beep..beep and uses the buzzer as a turn signal minder too.

SasquatchSanta

Does anyone know if wig-wags are still legal?

Older trucks had them mounted above the drivers windshield. When the air pressure was low the wig-wag arm would fall in front of the drivers field of vision alerting him that thee was a problem. They were neat little doo-dads --- I've been looking for one.

Lax

Baja,
My buzzer does not work eitrher and I don't even know where it is. I Know it is on the fire wall but I'm not sure what it looks like. Would you happen to have a picture of yours? That would be a good step for me to get it running again. As loud as they are and as much of a pain they are I would still feel better having mine working. Thanks!

Lax

Jason,
Thanks! That's just what mine looks like. My truck had what looked like a thick wire with a conector on the end just hanging out in the open near the buzzer.After I looked at your photo I noticed a short hose comming out of my buzzer box that did not conect to anything. Hummmm. Those look about the same size. I'll just plug the two together and ..... I got buzzer! After a few seconds I'm thinking it was not to bad without it :wink: But I'm going to keep it working anyway.

I know of two times in the past two weeks where I had a lot on my mind, jumped in, started "The General" and started down my long driveway. Guess what happened when I got to the end... Not good and a little scary. This should fix that memory problem. Thanks again. You may have saved my life! :lol:

For some reason my wife is not to happy with you though :? [thumbzup]

willysmd

cranetruck said:
You can always install my little turnsignal/buzzer gizmo, which changes the continous buzz to a very tolerable beep..beep..beep and uses the buzzer as a turn signal minder too.
Hi what litle gizmo would this be then I am always leaving the indicators on which is annoying, thanks

walterroda

Hi, Im new and I just bought a M109A3, but the back part is not a van, its like a M3A2, and it doesnt have a winch.
I was wondering where I could find an operators manual with all the motyor specs, etc.

Any help would be great.
Thanks

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hola, another deuce owner from South America! Bienvenido Walter!

This is the best site to find more info you ever could read! Just scroll down the technical manuals section, left side under Resources, it's all there. The following list only shows some of the most important ones.
Also very helpful for specific questions: the search function.
Enjoy it!

Attachments