• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Tires and Rims

rmesgt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally got one (of eleven) of my wheels disassembled. I now understand the duckbill bead breaker tool as well as the value of either WD-40 or soapy water. It took a bit, but once the bead was broken on both sides, it was a simple matter to remove the split ring. I had never taken apart a wheel like this and I learned a bunch. I had no idea that there was an innertube shield between the inner tube and the wheel. This part was fused to my rim, preventing the wheel from sliding out. Fortunately, I had some pry bars that were ideal to slide between the tube shield and the wheel. Once that was broken free, the rest was easy. I will have these wheels sandblasted and painted. I am sure they will look awesome when I can afford to buy new tires.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good deal! They call the innertube shield the "flap". Next time don't break both beads before you remove the lock ring, just do the lock ring side first, then pop the ring off, then flip and do the other side. It's easier to pop the ring off when only one bead is broken. LOL who needs the gym when you own a deuce.

rmesgt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good deal! They call the innertube shield the "flap". Next time don't break both beads before you remove the lock ring, just do the lock ring side first, then pop the ring off, then flip and do the other side. It's easier to pop the ring off when only one bead is broken. LOL who needs the gym when you own a deuce.
I did find the "FLAP" in TM 9-2320-209-20P (Fig 133, Item 8). When I disassembled my wheel, I broke the flap with my pry bars, so I have been searching to find a new one. I haven't yet taken the time to see if I can find it on the internet. This part may be available at a truck stop or truck repair facility.

Reactions: HDN
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks