• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce tow bar

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Deuce tow bar

gimpyrobb said:
If you were closer you could use mine.
Thanks,

Looks like I'm going to build one, I hope to have a few trucks waiting to be picked up soon .......EUC permitting of course......

jwaller

I have one for sale. about to list it on egay tomorrow. it's the later kind with the reinforcement collars on the ends. I do not have the ends for the deuce but you can get them on ebay to a decent price.

emr

U really should contact jwaller and Spend the money on this one with the reanforcement collors, they did it because of certain manufacture #s were prone to failier,but not all of them .. but its impossible to tell what ones they were i have contract #s in a pile of papers, but not very many have any original decals in place, its worth it to get the reanforced ones, for sure, pay the price once and have it for ever and u cant put a price on that kind a safty,,,and i like bragging rights, u will have one of the good ones, period, randy

BEASTMASTER

i think the only way you break a towbar is to install the adaptors upside down. you go over a small rise and they can't move like they are supposed to and snap goes the small end.i've gotten two bars with the small bars broken in half ,but i just put them back together and weld a collar on at the break.made one piece out of two inch by quarterinchthick square stock,and got two bars now,well had, gave one to a buddie :driver:

sermis

I have a heavy med (same as Gimpyrob has) that is not adjustable and a small large (tow bar from heck) if you are comming to central Texas. I say small large because I could have gotten one bigger but could not move one leg by myself.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
area52 said:
I have a big tow bar fom heck if you want to try to use a big one. I wil sell it to you very cheap if you want it.
Will I need to see a doctor after trying to lift it?, lol

Will it work with a pintle to tow a deuce?

area52

FMJ said:
area52 said:
I have a big tow bar fom heck if you want to try to use a big one. I wil sell it to you very cheap if you want it.
Will I need to see a doctor after trying to lift it?, lol

Will it work with a pintle to tow a deuce?
A) YES!! :shock:

B) it has the ring on one end but the feet have pins that are 1.5" so it will need adapters to "step it down" to the correct size for the deuce attachment which is 1" I think??

somebody on here has done this before I think.

Pm me if you want one ( or two or three....)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks