• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce tractor with bed on it

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Some time ago, I saw pics of a deuce tractor that had a bed put on it by the guy attaching a kingpin to the underside of the bed. I searched but could not find the thread it was in or the pics. Can anyone help me out here?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Missed that one. There was a deuce tractor on ebay with a bed on it though. I have pics somewhere

illtemper

98hd said:
I think your remembering wrong. I remember reading about a multifuel 5 ton tractor w/ a deuce bed on it. I think he was out west.

I was talking to chris about this the other night when I picked up a pto. that's exactly what I'm doin' with my m52a2. thanks for the thread chris. any info would be appreciated...Jon

otisroy

There're quite a few M35s and M813s up at Elephant Butte Lake that have chopped the bed in half or they've cut a hole in the bed to accomodate the 5th wheel hitch.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Deuce tractor with bed on it

mangus580 said:
Kenny, didnt we talk about this concept a few months ago?
It was a year ago but yes! Puts the bed too high for my likings.

rizzo

RE: Re: RE: Deuce tractor with bed on it

I wanted to do this with my 818 except make it a dump. I have to do some more planning first and get some actual numbers. I have a friend who built two for civi trucks

gimpyrobb

RE: Re: RE: Deuce tractor with bed on it

I am remembering correct. I KNOW there is a pic of it on here somewhere. It was in a thread that had pics from an MV event. I just haven't had the time to search 16 different terms to find it. I was just wondering if someone knew it off hand. I need the pic for a friend.

gimpyrobb

Thanks but no. It was a deuce(tractor) with a regular bed on it, mounted with a modified kingpin. I think it might have been a Michigan rally and it might have had a trailer attached to it.

EDIT! Sweet Kenny, that is it. I have not gotten the tailgate from Oilcan, but you should know that I have 2 of the T bolts headed your way. They will be in your hands by the Ga rally at the latest.

illtemper

I like the kingpin idea for versatility ,but I gotta say ,that dump sure looks sweet sittin down on the frame.

DD; how'd ya fit the ram under there ?