• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce trailers

chicklin

What's the difference between the M102-M105 trailers? What about the variations (i.e. A1, A2, A3, etc.)? I see the M101 is a 3/4 ton but these all look like 1 1/2 ton cargo trailers to me. What's the correct trailer to match the deuce? Thanks!

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Chicklin I`m no expert by any means, I have a 101 and a 105A2. I pull the 105 with my deuce. I`m sure there are folks here that know details much more than I. I`m going to watch here to learn more myself
Neil

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: !05 9n tow

Chicklin,, I got that onr for lil over $200. The 101 was a lil higher. The !01 has a smaller bed.and smaller tires. I think The 101 will fit in the 105
. I don`t know either demension (SP?). It`s pouring out or I would get them for you . You can look at the tounge to compare. The 105 is a bigger heavier trailer.

Neil

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bottom line, short story:

M101 series are 3/4 ton trailers designed for use with CUCV/HMMWV.. They may or may not have surge brakes.. M101's are easily pulled by normal civy pickup trucks. (and hence more $$$ as they are more "useable" in the normal world)

M105 series are bigger than M101... M105's are 1.5 ton trailers for use with M35, M800, M900 series.. They have air brakes, and should ONLY be pulled by a truck with airbrakes...

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah - The M101 originally used the 9.00x16 tires, when it was pulled by the M37. It has been modified to use the HMMWV tires now.

The M105 uses the same wheel & tires as the M35 - the 9.00x20 w/the same 6 hole wheel.

Lee in Alaska

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have pulled everything from my M105 to my M127 with the homemade dolly with my duece. One that I really like to pull with it is the M969 bolster trailer it can haul logs like all get out. The M101 trailer I converted into a box trailer and it has served as a camper and storage trailer but it is only pulled by the CUCV or my Burb.

I really like the flags flying off both of your vehicles thanks for supporting us.

LanceRobson

As far as price, I bought 3 M105A2s last month out of Ft Drum.

All had fresh NATO camo paint, new or nearly new tires, racks and bows. 2 have canvas folded in the beds which I didn't open. I paid $150, $190 and $205.

Also bought 2 M103A3 generator trailers in the same condition for $110 for the pair.

Lance