• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce trans question

FreightTrain

Banned
Can I see the Syncros if I pull the top cover of a deuce trans while in the truck?I wanna check them in the Messiah since 4th and 5th are a real PITA to get to go into gear without grinding(Gotta double clutch if I wanna hit them every time).

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes. You can remove the drive shaft to the transfer, the rear bearing container for the mainshaft, the top cover, and pull the mainshaft out. Then you can replace those syncros.
I had the shaft in and out in a hour.

Dennis

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you do pull the top shaft to change them, be sure to drain your transmission oil first. When you move the main shaft back, the 14(memory,confirm in the TM) roller bearings in the front input shaft, will fall down into the bottom of the transmission case. I used a magnet to retrieve them,be sure to find them all. I used grease to reinstall them with no problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks