• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Transfer Case Discussion..Gerhard!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, today I swapped out the transfer case in the M275A2. The old one would pop into neutral when you let off the throttle. New one in, works great. Now I have the sprag in the M108. it works OK but I'm really considering swapping it out for an airshift. If I have 2 complete transfer cases as listed, could I come up with an operable airshift in the end? I know it's more than swapping front housings but are most of the internal parts interchangable?

Westech

CPL
I think so kenny... From what I have seen the out put shaft is different but you can swap out parts from a air shift to make a sprag in to air. I think thats what the kit is just a bunch of parts and the air lines... give it a shot but I think you will be ok.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Two options, Kenny: 1) take the A/S front section plus rear output shaft and transplant it into the M108's sprag TC.
2) Pull the input shaft plus syncro from the sprag TC and install it into the bad A/S.

Either option is time consuming but at least it gives you the opportunity to know your T-cases from inside, inspect/adjust all bearings and also install new seals.

Happy wrenching!

G.