• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce transmission problems

NITEFARMER

My transmission keeps getting stuck in gear, usually third. So I finally took the top cover off and it appears there is something wrong with the brass pieces on each side of the first moveable gear(synchronizer) towards the front. When I took the cover off the brass pieces on each side of it were resting down on the shaft. I tried to find some pics on here to reference it too, but only found a few. It looks like there is supposed to be dowel pins in the brass pieces, but there is none in the front piece and only three in the back piece? It also appears that the shaft front bearing must be bad as I can move the shaft about a quarter inch. All the gears look good to me. I am assuming the trans has to come out for these repairs? I am going to try to post pics but have never done that so it may not be successful. All help very much appreciated!

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My transmission keeps getting stuck in gear, usually third. So I finally took the top cover off and it appears there is something wrong with the brass pieces on each side of the first moveable gear towards the front. When I took the cover off the brass pieces on each side of it were resting down on the shaft. I tried to find some pics on here to reference it too, but only found a few. It looks like there is supposed to be dowel pins in the brass pieces, but there is none in the front piece and only three in the back piece? It also appears that the shaft front bearing must be bad as I can move the shaft about a quarter inch. All the gears look good to me. I am assuming the trans has to come out for these repairs? I am going to try to post pics but have never done that so it may not be successful. All help very much appreciated!
You can pull the mainshaft with it in the truck , read this thread.
[h=1]Tranny fix[/h]

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Much easier to work on if you remove it. I agree with gringeltaube that if the front bearing is bad it needs to come out anyway. Parts should be readily available at truck repair parts suppliers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks