• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce volte meter in white range

jimm1009

Deuce volte meter in Yellow range

Last night on the way home from work (yes it was drive it to work day)
my volt meter went into the Yellow range just below but out of green range.
When I got home it was too dark and I was too tired to do much investigation.

Both belts were still on and tight and there were no wires that were obviously loose on the generator but that is all I had time for.
My dilemma is that I have committed to drive the truck to Ft. Polk in a couple of days and have to get it fixed really quick due to time constraints, work schedule, etc., etc.

I need to have it running and check the voltage. I also need to check for loose connections at the volt meter. I also need to read up on trouble shooting but there is the time thing.
If anyone else has had this issue come up, perhaps you could PM me or e-mail me with your findings.
I can trouble shoot but am limited on time so I appeal to my fellow M35 guys and gals for some insight on rather disturbing matters. :cry:
Thank You, Jim

jimm1009 here on S.S. or e-mail: jimm1009@yahoo.com

Last edited:

Boatcarpenter

Get the wiring diagram out, troubleshooting procedure out, your multimeter out and go at it very systematically until you find the problem. You will find it faster than "shooting from the hip" and checking things randomly without knowing what is supposed to be what and what goes where.
Experience speaking here.
BC

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The yellow may have faded a bit. :)

What do you have, the 60 amp alternator or the 25 amp generator/regulator set-up?

Get a digital voltmeter and get an exact reading when the engine is running and go from there, the voltmeter on the deuce is grounded via the dash, so there could be a problem in that area.
Measure the voltage across the battery terminals and if it still reads below 28, then your regulator may need an adjustment.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks