• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce Vs 5 ton cab plus

FreightTrain

Banned
What are the differences in a older multifuel 5 ton and a Deuce cab?Any ribs or holes different?

Also,How different is a wiring harness for a M543A2 and a M35A2?Can the M35A2 harness work in a 5 ton with a few mods?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Basically the cab is the same with minor differences in the firewall area. I. e. the 5ton uses the lower (pre-cut) opening for the steering column and doesn't have the reinforcement plate for the air filter.
I used a new 5ton cowl to repair a Deuce cab with no problems at all.

G.

Attachments

Barrman

The front wiring harness is basically the same. The plug under the seat that connects to the rear harness has about 5 pins more than the M35. (I put a M816 rear harness on my Gasser and had to change that plug over is how I know.)

The rear harness has the bigger plug and is about 5-8 feet longer than the M35 rear harness. The brake light plug wires are part of the rear harness instead of the front like on a M35. The 5 ton also has two fuel tanks, so the harness has two senders and a wire for the tank selector.