• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce water heater

2deuce

Hi everyone, I removed mine about 10 months ago to clean the mice nests out of the ducts and clean out the control box and the actual heater unit. Now that it has taken me so long to accomplish this I can't remember how the control box fits under the dash. The heater unit is mounted under the glove box with the heat exiting toward the driver. I recall nothing when I removed everything that was unusual, except the duct going to the drivers window being extremely foul and nasty and hard to remove. I seem to recall the duct between the offset cone on the heater and the control box being very short and the cone that attaches to the heater being offset toward the firewall. No holes match up and there seems to be no good location for the control box. I can't believe the box only hung by the ducts, but that is all I can see so far and I've spent quite a bit of time on this. This is how I bought the truck from GL so it was a military installation. Can anyone with one of these heaters help me out? I don't think I misplaced anything, but my common sense.

Thanks

2deuce

Yes, but it is inside the cab and the control box for the heater which controls whether you send air to your feet or the windshield through the ducts is my problem. It is operated by a cable attached to an arm on the side of the box.

This control box, I believe is the same one used in conjunction with engine compartment heaters. It was mounted in reversed position as compared to the engine compartment heaters where the heat entered the cab through the cutout in the drivers side firewall. At least that is what I remember, but I'm doubting myself on everything at this point. Maybe it was mounted with some of those flexible metal straps, I don't remember them though and I should have saved them if they were used.

Thanks

Thanks

2deuce

Yes that's it, but mine was mounted facing the other way and closer to the driver. I didn't remove anything from the engine compartment.

Thanks

steelandcanvas

The air distribution boxes are different between Deuces and 800 Series 5 tons. The Deuce air box is fed from left side as the heater core is mounted on the left fender. The 800 Series boxes are just the opposite, heater core on the right fender and the distribution box gets fed from the right side.

gungearz

Try to oil your diverter cable. It seems like your diverter flap is not switching when you pull the cable out. I took the brackets off the front side and fabricated I think 2" C channel brackets to the side with the lever. Mounted the lever towards the firewall. Marked the holes and drilled them. I wish I knew how to post pictures cause I've gotten plenty of great compliments about my clean under dash heater install.

2deuce

Thanks gungearz, I may try that. Its a tight place to work with the air shift controls and lines in the same area. When I bought replacement duct for the connection between the heater and the control box,(just after I removed it) I bought a very short piece so I'm thinking in my original installation they were butted up together. Also was your offset cone/adapter turned toward the firewall?

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks