• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce wheel identification help?

BaconFarms

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

I was looking at old (3-7 years) pictures of my equipment auction purchases for a plow I had, which is currently buried in snow, that I needed a number off of, when I found a picture of a set of wheels and tires I had purchased at auction for the minimum bid of $35.00 as there was no other bidders, which I forgot about, and are off sight and I won't be able to get to them until spring. I pick up a few items from the auctions when no one bids. Probably too much. Anyway, this last fall I picked up my Deuce from an auciton and have been looking at wheel options etc. The current plan is to make it a single axle and flip hubs and lockout hubs for starters.

Back to the wheels and tires. I am not sure what I am looking at as, with the 16R20 tires looks pretty big, the rims might not be what I think they are (8.5 x 20). Can anyone tell me what rims I have (I would only need to get 2 more), and what military truck used a 16R20 in their original configuration, if any?

Thanks for the help.

BaconFarms

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks to me like 5 ton combat wheels that have been modified with 6 hole centers. Check the welds carefully before using anything home made.

BaconFarms

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys. Now you peaked my interest. If they are a "farmer" repair, then they will get scraped. When I get them home, I'll get a better look.

Update, I just blew up one of the pictures and can see where they cut the center out with a torch or plasma cutter, so they look modified. Argggg.

Thanks again,

BaconFarms

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks